For example, 點看 or l'expérience, or испытание.рф
That's not a valid punycode domain name.
What is punycode?
Punycode is a special encoding used to convert Unicode characters to ASCII, which is a smaller, restricted character set. Punycode is used to encode internationalized domain names (IDN).
How does punycode work?
In this short example we will show the process of converting the Unicode text string pünycode.com into the ASCII text string xn--pnycode-n2a.com which can in turn be used directly in the Domain Name System (DNS).
- Each part of the domain name is treated seperately, in this example only the part pünycode needs encoding, .com is left alone.
- All ASCII characters in the string are copied from input to output, skipping over any other characters.
- Then an ASCII hyphen is added to the end of the output.
- Next the remaining non-ASCII characters are encoded with the punycode algorithm. The result is appended after the hyphen.
encode(ü) – n2a
- Finally the string is preceded with the characters xn-- to uniquely identify that it is a punyencoded domain part.
- Enter the text you want to convert to punycode.
- It will be automaticly converted.
- Copy result to clipboard.